HD 100 FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE • V1-2 Cr.
Develops a better understanding of the learning process and essential academic success skills and abilities. Topics include use of information resources, study skills, learning styles, personal responsibility, career resources, intercultural competence, and development of personal education plan. Mandatory in the first quarter of attendance for first-time-to college students enrolled for 10 or more credits. Course graded credit/no credit only.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Know where and how to access support services available at Bellevue College (BC)
- Understand college vocabulary and BC terminology
- Identify characteristics of successful students
- Identify barriers to college success
- Develop personal strategies for success
- Understand the importance of diversity in the college environment
- Know how to register, receive advising, access online advising resources, and plan for their education
- Establish social connections with cohort
- Establish academic connections with BC faculty and staff