IMAGE 110 Survey of Imaging • 3 Cr.
Presents a basic survey of the different medical specialties found in a diagnostic imaging department. Emphasis is on developing a working knowledge of the terminology, procedures, patient care, and occupational issues an imaging aide would encounter. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101 or ENGL 092 or 093 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- appropriate terminology describe the equipment and procedure used to create images in each imaging specialty.
- Identify and discuss patient safety issues in relation to each imaging specialty.
- Identify and discuss occupational safety issues in relation to working in an imaging department.
- Discuss roles and responsibilities of personnel within each imaging specialty area.
- Explain roles and responsibilities of an Imaging Aide within each specialty area.