ISIT 444 Automation/Configuration & Management • 5 Cr.
Introduces the concepts and application of basic scripting to monitor and collect logs in relation to servers and the associated services. Topics include scripting, logging, automation and system management. Prerequisite: Admission to the Cyber Security and Systems Administration concentration of the BAS IST program, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply debugging techniques
- Describe and apply scripting techniques for simple administrative tasks
- Apply source code control systems for change management in various environments
- Identify and apply best practices for system logging
- Identify and apply best practices for system monitoring
- Identify and apply best practices for system automation
- Apply logging, monitoring and automation techniques in a homogenous environment
- Spring 2018 (current quarter)