NDT 132 EEG Clinical III • 5 Cr.
Performance of clinical EEG and evoked potential along with recognizing and understanding the test result displayed. Prerequisite: NDT 131. Previously ENDT 132. Either ENDT 132 or NDT 132 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Establish rapport with the patient and patient's family with supervision
- Prepare a basic data sheet ("tech sheet") with supervision
- Provide a safe recording environment with supervision
- Set-up patient and record EEG or evoked potential with supervision
- Document the working condition of an EEG or evoked potential instrument (analog and digital) with supervision
- Evaluate the waveform display with supervision
- Recognize artifact and eliminate the artifact with supervision
- Remove electrode paste/glue from patient's scalp and hair with supervision
- Act respectfully and professionally toward patient and staff
- Summer 2018 (current quarter)