NDT 200 Clinical Correlates II • 3 Cr.
Explores the clinical correlates for evoked potential, long-term epilepsy monitoring, nerve conduction velocity and intraoperative monitoring, including indications for intraoperative neurophysiological changes and intraoperative monitoring. Classifies pharmacological agents according to their use in the surgical environment. Analyzes the effects of anesthetic agents. Prerequisite: NDT 104. Previously ENDT 200. Either ENDT 200 or NDT 200 may be taken for credit, but not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Correlate central nervous system and brain diseases and disorders with ND findings
- Explain the actions, therapeutic uses, adverse effects, and interactions of common anesthetic agents
- Correlate special surgical procedures with the role of the NDT
- Evaluate diagnostic procedures and treatments associated with central nervous system and brain diseases and disorders
- Fall 2015 (current quarter)