NDT 452 Quantitative and Continuous EEG • 5 Cr.
Quantitative Electroencephalography (QEEG) is the field concerned with the numerical analysis of electroencephalography data and associated behavioral correlates. Continuous EEG (CEEG) monitoring allows uninterrupted assessment of cerebral cortical activity with good spatial resolution and excellent temporal resolution. This procedure provides a means of constantly assessing brain function in critically ill obtunded and comatose patients. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- evaluate the integrity of the EEG recording equipment
- explain and demonstrate the correct method of electrode application
- evaluate the integrity of the procedure
- create a standard QEEG/CEEG record
- establish and eliminate or reduce artifacts contaminating the waveforms
- explain and elaborate upon neurological concepts of QEEG/CEEG
- compare and contrast principles and concepts of QEEG/CEEG instrumentation