OLS 172 Workplace Problem Solving • 2 Cr.
Applies problem solving techniques and strategies to various workplace situations to help students handle any difficulties. Also covers resumes, cover letters and job searching techniques. Prerequisite: OLS 106, 111, 174 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- •Discuss and compare different approaches to problem solving that can be used to resolve common workplace problems
- •Analyze a workplace problem and utilize a learned problem solving technique to outline the process for creating and implementing a solution
- •Discuss problem solving strategies to handle anger and frustration in a workplace situation
- •Create updated version of resume and cover letter
- •Demonstrate professionalism during interviews including speaking clearly and answering questions asked
- •Establish and maintain communication with 3 to 5 key contacts from student’s network
- •Utilize LinkedIn groups and discussion boards
- •Articulate personal work related Dependable Strengths