RADON 203 Treatment Planning II • 6 Cr.
Presents a variety of radiation therapy treatment techniques and dose calculation methods. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- 1. Analyze the factors that affect the dose distribution isodose shown on isodose charts
- 2. Evaluated dose distributions for various beam energies and patient contours
- 3. Appraise the changes in dose distributions created by oblique incidence and tissue inhomogeneities
- 4. Analyze the criteria for selection of treatment fields
- 5. Design treatment field arrangements for the treatment of specified cancers
- 6. Calculate monitor unit settings and point doses
- 7. Evaluate various monitor unit and dose distribution models selecting the appropriate model for specific calculation situations