RADON 203 Treatment Planning II • 6 Cr.
Presents a variety of radiation therapy treatment techniques and dose calculation methods. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the factors that affect the dose distribution isodose shown on isodose charts
- Evaluated dose distributions for various beam energies and patient contours
- Appraise the changes in dose distributions created by oblique incidence and tissue inhomogeneities
- Analyze the criteria for selection of treatment fields
- Design treatment field arrangements for the treatment of specified cancers
- Calculate monitor unit settings and point doses
- Evaluate various monitor unit and dose distribution models selecting the appropriate model for specific calculation situations
- Winter 2016 (current quarter)