TECH 217 PC Analysis & Configuration II • 5 Cr.
Presents in-depth PC hardware and software installation and configuration. Topics include command-line and Windows configuration, resource management, advanced troubleshooting, virtualization, mobile computing, introductory network installation and configuration, basic electrical concepts and measurement. Includes hands-on instruction. Course includes about 50% of the competencies required for A+ certification. Prerequisite: TECH 215 at BC with a C- or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Assemble computer components based on customer requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users.
- Describe and demonstrate basic networking, security, and computer forensic technologies.
- Properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues while applying troubleshooting skills.
- Provide appropriate customer technical support.
- Describe and demonstrate basic virtualization, mobile device, desktop imaging and deployment technologies.
- Discuss the body of knowledge that establishes the foundation of an entry-level IT professional.