Office is located on the first floor of the “R” Building, R 130.
ESL classes are for adult citizens, immigrants and refugees only. There is a $25 refundable registration fee for these classes.ESL Program Flyer (pdf file)
ESL CLASSES WILL HELP STUDENTS TO:
- Develop listening and communication skills necessary as adults in family, community or workplace situations.
- Read and write in English for a variety of purposes.
- Learn about American culture and everyday life in the United States.
- 6 levels of English.
- Classes are 4-10 hours per week.
- Day and evening classes.
- Special one-quarter classes in Job Preparation and computer literacy.
- New students must take a placement test, oral and written.
- Age 18 or over.
- People with Tourist Visas and Foreign Student Visas (F-1) may not take ESL classes. (Check with the ELI Program)
The ESL Program is a three-quarter continuous enrollment program. Homework and regular attendance are required. Students with unexcused absences will be dropped from classes. Call 425-564-2171 for more information.
THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE (ELI) offers intensive ESL and community ESL classes for people with tourist and student visas, as well as local residents. Contact the ELI Department, or visit their web site for more information. Please note that there are fees for their classes.
Last Updated September 13, 2017