One June 16, 2017, Bellevue College held its annual commencement ceremony at the Key Arena in Seattle
On behalf of the Commencement Committee, we are pleased to announce that commencement for the 2017 – 18 school year is scheduled to take place on June 15, 2018.
We wish to make you aware of two major changes to the commencement program:
1) We are moving this event back to the Bellevue College campus, and
2) We plan to hold TWO ceremonies, one at 4:00pm and the second at 7:30pm.
Holding two ceremonies allows us to accommodate our guests, graduates, faculty, and staff participating in commencement. We are still working on some details, but the following may help to answer initial questions:
- The two ceremonies, one designated as Blue and the other as Silver will be held in the Gym.
- Blue includes all Associate Transfer degrees, and is scheduled for 4:00 pm
- Silver includes all Bachelor degrees, Professional/Technical degrees and certificates, and Non-Transfer degrees, including general education and high school completion, and is scheduled for 7:30 pm
- Students earning degrees or certificates in both Silver and Blue areas may choose which ceremony they wish to attend
- Faculty may also choose which ceremony they wish to attend. For planning purposes, a sign-up process will be provided later in the spring
- Each ceremony is expected to last approximately 1.5 hours with a reception following each program
- The Keynote Speaker for both ceremonies is James (Jim) D. Sinegal, former CEO and cofounder of Costco wholesale
- A faculty and student speaker will be selected from both the Blue and Silver areas to speak at the designated ceremony
- Students graduating between fall 2017 and summer 2018 are invited to participate in the June commencement ceremony.
Last Updated March 15, 2018