Commencement Ceremony – June 24, 2022 at T-Mobile Park
The Bellevue College commencement ceremony brings our community together to honor and celebrate your success. This year, we return to an in-person ceremony.
More information will be added here as we get closer to June 24th. Please check back for updates!
When and Where
- Date: 6/24/2022
- Time: 3:00 PM
- Doors open at 1:30 PM
- Graduates line up at 2:30 PM
- The procession begins at 3:00 PM
- Location: T-Mobile Park
You can also watch the ceremony live online if you cannot attend in person. The link will be added to this webpage on June 24th.
Information for Graduates
Who Can Attend?
You can attend the ceremony if:
- Your degree or certificate is 20 credits or more
- You graduated in Fall 2021 or Winter 2022, or
- You applied to graduate in Spring 2022 or Summer 2022, and
- You complete the Commencement Sign-Up form.
- Your graduation application does not meet this requirement
How to Sign Up
- Submit your graduation application by June 3rd
- Submit the Commencement Sign-Up form by June 3rd
- Order your cap gown online.
June 3rd is the deadline to submit your graduation application and Commencement Sign-Up.
Cap & Gown
You must wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony.
- You must buy your own cap and gown.
- To make sure you get your correct size order by May 17 using this link Cap and Gown Online Order. The option to order online ends May 17 at 8:59 PM.
- After May 17, you must buy your cap and gown at the BC Bookstore, located in B127.
- The bookstore will have caps and gowns to sell by mid-June. Check back here for updates on when students can begin to purchase caps and gowns on-campus.
- Go to the Herff Jones website.
- Search for Bellevue College.
- Click Bellevue College in the search results.
- Choose if you want to ship the cap and gown to your home, or pick it up on campus.
- Choose your degree type.
- Click the Continue button.
- In the top menu, click Cap & Gown.
- Enter your information to complete the purchase.
Low income students may qualify for a free cap and gown. Submit the Cap & Gown Fee Waiver form by June 3. Note: Graduates approved for the cap and gown fee waiver do not order online. In June, the college sends an email with instructions on how graduates approved for the waiver pick up their caps and gowns.
- Place: The ceremony is located at T-Mobile Park, which is a stadium and home of the Seattle Mariners baseball team.
- Graduates and guests who do not wish to drive can take a Bus or Train to the stadium.
- The stadium is located in Seattle – about a 15 minute drive from the college.
- A retractable roof protects the graduates and guests in case of rainy or bad weather.
- Guests sit in sections 121-138.
- Guests can buy food and drink at the concession stands.
- Tickets: Guests do not need a ticket to enter the stadium.
- Graduates can invite as many guests as they like – No Limit on Guests!
- Purses and Bags: Regular purses and bags are not allowed in the stadium. Instead, you can bring:
- Clear plastic bags 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or smaller.
- A one-gallon zip-top bag.
- A diaper bag with one compartment if you bring a child.
- Security: All graduates and guests go through T-Mobile Park’s security screening.
- Review T-Mobile Park’s full security information here to learn more about what you can and cannot bring.
- Balloons are not allowed in the stadium.
- Parking: graduates and guests can park in the garage next to the stadium.
- The cost is $10 per car.
- Photos: A professional photo is taken of each graduate on the stage.
- After the ceremony we post a link on this site where graduates can purchase photos.
- Accommodations: If you need an accommodation to participate in the ceremony, contact Katelynn Creeley by June 10, 2022.
- 425-564-6189 (TTY 425-564-6189).
- Diplomas: We do not hand diplomas to the graduates at the ceremony.
- We mail diplomas to graduates after we verify completion of final classes and post degrees to the official transcript.
- It can take up to 12 weeks for graduates to receive a paper diploma. Electronic diplomas may take up to four weeks.
Need help or have a question?
The college held two ceremonies in 2021 based on degree type. You can watch a full recording of both ceremonies online.
The college held two ceremonies in 2020 based on degree type. You can watch a full recording of both ceremonies online.
View or Download the Program Here – includes the names of all graduates and the order of events
The college held two ceremonies in 2019 based on degree type. You can watch a full recording of both ceremonies online.
Professional photographs were taken as each graduate walked across the stage. You can find and purchase your photos on the Grad Images website.
Last Updated May 17, 2022