By Sukirti Ranade, Director of eLearning & Multimedia.
Canvas collects data to analyze student usage patterns. This data can allow the instructor to examine the student engagement in your online Canvas class. Instructors can check how their students are progressing through course with participation, submissions, on time/late/missing submissions, and current grade.
How do I access Course Analytics
To access course analytics, go to the course home page and click on the “View Course Analytics” button on the right side of the screen.
What are the different Course Analytics features?
- Activity by Date allows the instructor to see when students view a page or participate in the course.
- Submissions allows the instructor to view if students submit the assignment in on-time, late, or not at all.
- Grades use a box and whisker plot to show the distribution of grades in the course.
- Student Analytics shows page view, participation, assignments, and current score for every student in the course.
- What are Analytics for my course?
- How do I view Analytics for a course?
- What will Analytics tell me about my course?
- How do I view Analytics for a student?
- What will Analytics tell me about my student?
- What are Course Statistics?
- Where can I find statistics about online interactions with my students?
Last Updated October 24, 2020