Canvas has a redesigned Rich Content Editor (RCE) which will replace the existing Rich Content Editor on December 15th. The new RCE offers an improved user experience across Canvas tools. For example, the toolbar includes a condensed, more intuitive look, menus are grouped by common icons and interactions and more editing area is displayed.
- The single-line toolbar includes a condensed, more intuitive look and menus are grouped by common icons and interactions with drop-down menus.
- If the browser is not expanded to fit the full width of the toolbar, the toolbar displays an Options menu that includes the remaining toolbar items.
- The right-side content selector sidebar that was persistently displayed now only displays when needed if linking to other assets in your Canvas course.
- This new content selector will appear when a “Course” source menu option is selected when embedding Links, Images, Media, or Documents.
- Files, images, and media can be uploaded using drag and drop.
- The Keyboard shortcut, Accessibility Checker, and HTML Editor icons have moved to the bottom of the editor next to the word count and the window can be resized using the Move handle.
For more information, visit the Canvas New Rich Content Editor Release Notes, the Rich Content Editor Comparison Document, or the Canvas New Rich Content Editor Guide or watch the Overview video.
Last Updated December 14, 2020