Friday March 19th
Join us for a full day of drop-in sessions offered by eLearning. eLearning is hosting one hour Cidi Lab training sessions, and you are welcome to drop in for the entire time, twenty minutes, or whatever works for your schedule. No registration required. Click the button below to join us any of the sessions.
March 19th (9:30AM-4:30PM)
Session 1: Save Time Building New Content
- Use and modify the syllabus template and or syllabus blocks.
- Use Cidi Labs institutional assets and themes to design a home page.
- Locate and use content blocks to build content.
By the end of this session, you will be able quickly create new course content using institutional assets. You will leave the sessions with a styled course syllabus, home page, or content page.
Session 2: Format Existing Content with Cidi Labs
- Wrap your content with the Design Tools wrapper to add themes/styles.
- Easily monitor the accessibility of your course content.
By the end of this session, you will have added Cidi Labs themes, styles, and/or advanced elements to existing Canvas content. You will also see how to easily monitor accessibility of your course content.
Session 3: Build Out Your Entire Quarter Quick!
- Use the template builder to create an assignment, discussion, or page template.
- Use the module builder to deploy content across modules.
- View the batch due date modifier and the announcement modifier.
By the end of this session, you will know how to build a quarter-long module structure in a matter of minutes using the Cidi Labs multi-tool.
Session 4: Advanced Styling with Cidi Labs
- Utilize the quick checks for students to assess their learning.
- Add tabs and accordions to organize existing content.
- Add other advanced elements such as module progress bars and text columns.
By the end of this session, you will have a newly styled page, assignment, or discussion that utilizes advanced options in the Design Tools.
Session 5: Use the Image Designer with Your Course
- Locate hundreds of royalty free images related to your course topics.
- Add and crop images. Change the shape, size, or orientation of images.
- Build a color palette from a chosen image.
- Create a unique banner image.
By the end of this session, you will know how to use the Cidi Labs image editor and the image styling options. You will leave the session with the knowledge of how to create a unique banner.
You can start testing Cidi Labs now in your Canvas course. Enable it in a course page or assignment by going into edit mode and then using a keyboard shortcut: “Alt-Shift-D” (PC) / “Command-Shift-D” or “Option-Shift-D”(Mac).
Full March training schedule
Helpful tips in our Cidi Labs eLearning guide.
Last Updated March 18, 2021