Before you get started:
Set up your NetID and Bellevue College e-mail; You need this to log in and start the BC Financial Aid Application.
The Financial Aid Contract
Your Agreement to Follow Financial Aid Requirements
To receive financial aid you must agree to specific federal and state requirements related to how you use your aid, and how you maintain your eligibility for future disbursement of aid each quarter. Please read the information below and indicate your acceptance at the bottom of this document.
Program of Study
You must declare a specific Bellevue College degree or certificate program, and you must agree to take only those classes required to complete your program. Please note the following:
- We report your program to the Department of Education (ED) each year.
- Your program must be at least 24 credits, and fully approved under state and federal requirements.
- You must notify the Financial Aid Office if you plan to change your program.
Withdrawal, Refunds, and Repayment
If you receive federal Pell grant funds, you must finalize your registration by the last day to receive a 100% refund – check the academic calendar for the exact date each quarter. Changing the number of credits you register for before or after this date may result in the following:
- Owing additional tuition, not covered by financial aid.
- Owing a repayment of the funds you received.
- A negative impact on your ability to receive future aid.
Review the Withdrawal, Refunds, and Repayment web page for detailed information.
Washington State and Bellevue College want to provide you with the best information possible so you can make smart decisions about your finances and paying for school. We partner with iGrad to provide resources on the Washington College Grant (formerly Washington State Need Grant), work study, scholarships and borrowing wisely. Please visit iGrad.
Conditions of Award: State Aid
By accepting state financial aid, you agree to the conditions listed below. If you have questions or find that you cannot comply with these conditions, please contact the financial aid office.
1. You must meet the requirements for Washington State residency.
2. You do not owe a repayment to any state grant or scholarship nor are you in default on a state student loan.
3. You must be enrolled in an eligible program and not be pursuing a degree in theology.
4. If you hold a bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent, you are not eligible to receive state grant funds.
5. If you do not attend or if you withdraw from your classes, you may owe a repayment of all or part of any state funds you have received.
6. You must maintain the academic progress standards established by your institution in order to receive additional state aid.
7. There could be other circumstances that would require a repayment or reduction in your current award amounts.
8. You must meet all eligibility requirements for the state aid program(s) awarded.
9. The offer of this financial assistance is subject to, and conditioned upon, the availability of funds. Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) and the institution through which the grant, scholarship, or work study is awarded, reserve the right to withdraw, reduce, or modify the awards due to funding limitations or due to changes in circumstances which affect your eligibility for the program(s).
10. If I fail to cash my check containing state funds or pickup any remaining funds by the close of the academic year, the funds shall be returned to the program at WSAC and treated as funds declined by me.
The State of Washington is offering you financial assistance to help support your educational expenses. Please visit www.opportunitypathways.wa.gov to receive more information about financial aid, scholarships, work study, and student loans. You may choose to voluntarily make financial contributions to WSAC in recognition of the assistance that you received. All voluntary contributions will be used to provide financial assistance to other students. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Conditions of Award: Federal Aid
1. You must not owe a repayment to any federal or grant program and cannot be in default on a federal student loan.
2. You must meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the federal programs.
3. If you do not attend or if you withdraw from your classes, you may owe a repayment of all or part of the aid you received.
4. Offers of financial aid are subject to, and conditioned upon, the availability of funds. We reserve the right to withdraw, reduce, or modify the awards due to funding limitations or due to changes in circumstances which affect your eligibility for the various aid programs.
5. You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible for financial aid – Review the SAP policy under Keeping Your Aid: Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Proceed to the BC Financial Aid Application
- Read all questions carefully
- Answer all questions completely and truthfully
- You may be required to support your answers with documentation
- You must complete all questions before your application can be submitted
By continuing you are agreeing to follow the Financial Aid contract.