- SimCheck is a new plagiarism detection software integrated into Canvas that checks your student’s submissions with sources available on the web, in our institutional repository, homework help sites, and books.
- VeriCite has been replaced with a new program called SimCheck. SimCheck is an optional tool for instructors. It serves as a replacement for the previous tool, VeriCite.
- We are able to offer VeriCite & SimCheck, both options during fall quarter. This means all your assignments using VeriCite will still work for the fall quarter.
- Canvas assignments previously using VeriCite will need to be updated in order to use SimCheck if you choose to use SimCheck.
- We recommend that Instructors planning to use SimCheck should inform students, add this to the Syllabus and explain how SimCheck works before requiring its use on a particular assignment.
- SimCheck Student Guide
Last Updated October 2, 2020