Greetings and welcome to the Copyright Information for Educators course made available to you through eLearning!
As you plan your online courses you will be curious about how copyright rules affect your teaching in class, in Canvas, and beyond? This is online self-paced workshop has been developed by our Bellevue College Librarians.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Define key terms of copyright including fair use, TEACH ACT, and public domain
- Describe how copyright law applies in educational course design
- Understand and use Creative Commons (CC) and other licensing options to identify content that is suitable for your courses
- Develop and maintain a copyright compliance and management plan
- Locate and use public domain, CC, and Open Educational Resource (OER) content
Syllabus: Copyright Information for Educators
Participant: Faculty or Staff
PD Hours: On completion participants receive 16 hrs of professional development time.
Fall quarter start date: Monday January 14th ends Friday February 8th, Registration Link
Facilitator: Cherl Lovseth, Bellevue College Librarian
Other workshops offered by eLearning:
January 21st Monday: Accessibility 101: The Basics of Inclusive Design
January 28th Monday: Canvas 201: Taking your Course to the next level!
Last Updated November 3, 2020