Learn about definitions and policies related to academic standing at BC.
Academic Standing Definitions
- The cumulative and quarterly Grade Point Average (GPA) of a Bellevue College student.
- When students maintain a satisfactory academic standing, defined as a GPA of 2.0 or higher on a cumulative and quarterly basis.
Academic Standing Policy
Bellevue College is committed to the academic success of its students. The college identifies and alerts students who are not making satisfactory academic progress and provides those students with assistance to improve their academic performance. The Academic Standing Policy applies to all students, with limited exceptions (policy #3200).
Academic Standing Levels
- Level 1: Academic Concern
- Level 2: Academic Intervention
- Level 3: Academic Restriction
- Level 4: Academic Dismissal
Academic Standing Flow Chart
Use the “Submit Your Question” form linked below or email email@example.com if you have additional questions.