Obtain, View or Correct your Records

We outline the rights provided to you by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Students listen to a presentation in the library.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives you these rights

  • The right to inspect and review your records within 45 days after the College receives a request from you.
  • The right to request a correction if you believe your record contains inaccurate, misleading, or information you believe is a violation of your privacy rights under FERPA.

Request to Obtain or View your Records

  • To request a copy of paperwork or file contents related to a specific office, submit a written request to the director of that office. For Example, Financial Aid, Disability Resource Center, etc.
  • To request instructional records, beyond the grades listed on your transcript, submit a written request to the Department Chair of the class you took.
  • To request your records from more than one department, or more than one class, submit an Online Help Request Ticket to the Enrollment Services Office.

Ask to Correct your Records

If you find or believe your records contain an error, or information that is misleading or a violation of your rights under FERPA, submit a detailed written request asking for a review. Attach documentation if appropriate. Submit your request using the Online Help Request Ticket system to the Enrollment Services Office.

Note: Do not use this process for a grade dispute. To address an issue with a grade refer to college procedure 3000P Grade Dispute (Procedures). You must address any grade dispute within two quarters (including summer) after the college posts the final grade to your transcript for the class in question.