View the Student Central Processing Dashboard for current update on processing times for placement requests.
Our testing center is now located in the new U building
Due to COVID-19, the Placement and Testing Services is operating remotely through January 28. The best way to reach us and get questions answered quickly is to use our ticketing system by clicking on the green box below, Ask Online for Help or Information. You can also use the phone callback system to talk to one of our staff.
We offer a variety of ways for you to get your English and math placement
You do not need placement if you do not plan to earn a degree or certificate at BC, AND you do not plan to take an English or math class, or a class with an English or math prerequisite requirement.
- Review the placement options listed below, and determine which option works best for you.
- Click on the green button and login using your NetID.
- Upload documents (transcripts/test scores) that show your placement or prerequisite classes, or if you do not upload a document, our staff will process you for a standardized placement test..
High School Documents
You can submit your ALEKS (math) & ACCUPLACER test scores from other colleges or universities using the green button above: There is a two-year time limit for English placement and a one-year time limit for math.
Unofficial College Transcripts
If you took English or math classes at another school, click on the green button above and upload a copy of your transcript.
If you received an English or math placement at another Washington state community or technical college, you can submit your documentation using the green button above. There is a two-year time limit for English placement and a one-year time limit for math.
You can take tests online and from home or another location. For those that need it, we do offer appointments for on-campus testing.
- ACCUPLACER for English (offered online)
- ALEKS for math (offered online)
- Chemistry 161 placement exam (temporarily unavailable – for access to CHEM& 161, please submit an online help request)
- Biology 160 waiver exam (temporarily unavailable)
You can use the following tests for English 101 placement:
- SAT or ACT if taken within the last five years
- PSAT if taken within the last two years
- GED Language Arts if taken within the last five years
- TOEFL and IELTS reports if taken within the last two years
Last Updated December 30, 2021