Receiving Your Aid
After You complete your financial aid file, we review it based on the date you submitted your last required document. We also prioritize our review for students who are enrolled for the current and upcoming quarter. Complete your file early and enroll for classes as soon as you can.
Your Financial Aid Offer Notification
- We send all financial aid offer notifications to your BC email.
- You can view your financial aid offer and any missing documents needed to complete your file through self-service in your ctcLink account.
- Your initial financial aid offer notification assumes you plan to enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credits).
- You must use the Enrollment Status Change Form to let our office know if you plan to take less than 12 credits at least a week prior to the start of each quarter.
- We can adjust your aid for part-time enrollment, but paying tuition and the disbursement of your refund, is delayed if you do not notify us at least one week before the quarter begins.
If you completed your financial aid file by the quarter deadline, we automatically hold you in your classes without payment. A few days before the quarter begins, we pay your tuition with the financial aid we offered to you. If your aid is enough to cover the full cost of your tuition, fees and on-campus housing (if applicable) you can expect a refund for the remaining balance.
However, if it turns out aid is not enough to cover the cost of tuition and on-campus housing, or if you are not disbursed aid due to eligibility issues, you must pay your tuition and on-campus housing by the first day of the quarter. Also, keep in mind the following:
- Adding classes to your schedule after we pay your tuition may result in you owing additional funds to the college.
- Withdrawing from classes after we pay your tuition may result in you owing some or all of the financial aid you received back to the college or the financial aid programs and potentially loss of aid in future quarters.