Welcome to Bellevue College! Our newsletter provides information related to financial aid and payment of tuition.
Dates listed below may be adjusted. Please check your BC email and check the website often for up-to-date information.
Financial Aid Newsletter – Fall 2023
Fall quarter begins September 18, 2023. Please read important information about deadlines, dates, disbursement of your funds, and the steps you must take to ensure a smooth start to the quarter.
Important! Financial Aid processes impacted by our conversion to a new Student Database System (ctcLink)
Bellevue College has transitioned to a new software system called ctcLink which provides better functionality, a secure student portal and expanded self-service options for students. The new system impacts financial aid processes this aid year as we continue to navigate through the system.
- The coordination between financial aid and student accounts means we only disburse funds once per week each Thursday.
- Please check your status through the Student Center on ctcLink.
- Note: Many students received an offer letter stating $0 in offers on July 31. Those letters were sent out in a glitch with our new system. You should continue checking your status through the Student Center if you do not have an offer yet, but met the financial aid deadlines listed below.
Payment of Tuition:
Fall quarter begins September 18, 2023.
- We pay your tuition beginning September 14, 2023:
- We hold you in your classes if you completed your financial aid file by June 1 and are registered. We prioritize review of files for students who met the deadline and are registered for Fall quarter.
- An F02 hold from Financial Aid may be placed on your account if you met the financial aid file complete deadline of June 1 and have registered. (Holds are added weekly until the quarter starts). This hold is a positive hold and indicates that your classes are held and you are not dropped for nonpayment.
- If you have outstanding documents required, you must submit these by Friday, September 8 or within two business days of request thereafter.
- Documents can be brought to campus Monday through Friday, submitted by mail to the college or by using our online document upload site. (Note: We are closed on Thursdays)
- Enrollment Services also holds you in your classes if you obtained a deferment on payment of tuition (This may include Workforce Education, Veterans, Scholarship recipients, etc).
- To avoid being dropped from classes for non-payment, check with the department you are working with to confirm your deferment status.
- If your aid does not cover the full cost of tuition, you must pay the balance by September 25.
- We assume full-time enrollment. If you do not plan to register full time (12+ credits), please submit an online Change of Enrollment form by September 8 to avoid delays in disbursing your aid.
- Refund disbursements begin on September 14 (your disbursement date may differ) by the BankMobile disbursement preference you selected.
Confirmation of Academic Progress:
For continuing students, we check prior quarter grades before we disburse Fall aid. Check your BC email for notification regarding your financial aid status and eligibility based on your prior quarter grades.
**Federal regulations require us to address grades regardless of circumstances affecting our campus. During these uncertain times, we recognize that some students may be less successful for a variety of reasons. If you are notified that you have lost your financial aid, you may follow the appeal process outlined below.**
- Review Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- If your aid is canceled but you experienced a hardship or a mitigating circumstance, please file an appeal and ask for reinstatement of your aid.
- File your appeal by Monday, September 18 if you plan to attend Fall quarter.
- Submit an appeal online.
- We hold you in your classes until we review your appeal if your appeal is submitted by Monday, September 18.
Pell Repayment Date:
You must finalize your schedule by the Pell Repayment Date, which is September 29 for Fall quarter. Please read our policies regarding adding and dropping classes.
If you plan to attend Fall 2023 or beyond, make sure you have completed your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) for 2023-2024. Your file must be completed by the date below for the quarter you plan to start:
Summer 2023: Apr. 1, 2023
Fall 2023: June 1, 2023
Winter 2024: Nov. 1, 2023
Spring 2024: Feb. 1, 2024
Thank you and enjoy your studies!
BC Financial Aid Office